Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Feb 1st The Love of My Life

So I had this great idea yesterday and here it is today so I am only 3 days behind. Since it is February and my Christmas Trees is finally out and my hearts are all up I thought Why not spend the next 14 days on things that I Love. So day one what better place to start than the love of my life. He is tall dark handsome... :) I mean tall, bald, handsome, and so much more! 
We met in Cedar City Utah while attending SUU!   We were at a dance and he was wearing a cowboy hat which he was not suppose to be because it was in the Stake Center.  (This is probably the height of his rebellion)    I watched him all night and never got up the courage to talk to him then I noticed him walking my direction.  I was so excited... then the let down of a lifetime,   he asked me to dance with some other kid that didn't dare ask me himself.   To this day don't even ask me who the kid  was or what he looked like I couldn't tell you.   To my dismay this turned out to be the last dance of the night but, I did get a chance to say hey I have seen you around college ave.  stop by and see me sometime.   The very next night Dan and his roommates all showed up at my apartment.   Man was I surprised and caught off guard.  From that night on I could count on one hand the days we didn't see each other until July when he left on his mission.   Our first date was coyote hunting.  It was really early in the morning, cold, and fun.  We never saw any coyotes but we heard quite a few.    We were married in November 1997, 5 months after he came home from Brazil.   Wow how time as passed quickly.   There have been some rough times but some very amazing times as well.  Marriage is not at all what I expected but if I am going to be married and have to learn and grow I am very grateful it is Dan by my side.  He is a great example, friend, and teacher.   
The thing I love the most about Dan is his optimism an enthusiasm for Life.  He is a genuine  kind person who loves everything and everyone.  He is very simple and doesn't need a lot to make him happy.  He is happiest on a horse surrounded by family and friends.    Horses hasn't always been something we agreed on.  In fact it probably caused many fights in our early marriage.   We have both learned a lot and come to respect what each other knows.   Dan has come a long ways and is very talented on a horse.  He loves learning and helping his children. 

Then second thing that I love about him is his work ethic.  He has ambition and drive that pulls him through.  He is not afraid to get dirty and get the job done.   I know that we will always make it because of the quality.  

The most important thing I love about Dan is his testimony and sense of Family.  He grew up with a strong family background.  He is a loving, loyal husband and father.   I am grateful that he is mine for eternity and know with him by my side we can do anything.  I LOVE YOU thanks for making my life complete!

No comments: