Saturday, February 14, 2009

Feb 14th Roses


I Love Roses.  When I was a Freshman at SUU I got a job at a floral shop on main street in Cedar City.   My mistake was getting the job right before Valentines Day.    I had been to school for a semester and thought I could handle having some extra play money.   I started the week before valentines and I worked more hours in the 3 days before Valentines than I had ever worked.   My fingers were blistered and cut and wow.   I did learn a lot about florals and I grew to love red and white roses with blue lace (status).   I loved the ladies I worked with.   For my first Valentines Dan gave me a dozen red and white roses with blue lace.  I still have them.    The night of Valentines Dan came into the shop about 10:30 pm and said ladies I have not seen her in 3 days (which he had but he had to come into the shop he would bring me lunch an dinner)   it is Valentines can I PLEASE take her.   They gave him  a hard time but as we left they gave him his bouquet to give me.   It was a Valentines I will always remember.     Every year Dan gets me a rose for  Valentines.   My favorite is when he shows up with a rose just because.   I am hoping to start a rose garden this year.    I know some of you are thinking don't do it they are hard to take care of.  I know and the thorns are awful but its a small price to pay for beauty and aroma that are Heavenly.   HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!   

1 comment:

tallgirl said...

roses are great lis, good thing for good husbands!!!! What a great family you have!!!Wendy