Monday, February 9, 2009

Feb 9th Sourdough Pancakes

My grandma makes the best sourdough pancakes.  She has taught me how to make them.   The secret Grandpa says is in cooking them slow and knowing when to turn them.   You have to wait until the pancake is full of bubble on top.  The heat needs to be low so that you don't cook it to fast and burn it.   
Recipe :   2 eggs
1/4 c oil
1/2 c sugar
1 tsp soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 large overflowing spoonfuls sour dough
1 C milk
enough flour (usually 1-2 cups) to make the right consistancy.  not runny  not to thick.
cook on med-med low  tempature.   

These are my favorite and are becoming my families favorite we even have them for dinner at least once a week.  I Love a lot of foods but this is one of my favorites.  

1 comment:

Jense Family said...

These are onr of our family favorites too. Thanks for sharing.