Thursday, February 5, 2009

Feb5th Grandparents

Today would have been my Grandpa Barnhurst 103 birthday.  So in continuing my things I love I thought today would be a great day to focus on my Grandparents.    My Grandma and Grandpa Barnhurst lived in Hatch, Utah.  We always lived far away from them.   So we would only get to see them once or twice a year.    My grandma was an amazing cook I loved her homemade bread and chocolate chip cookies.  My grandpa  Barnhurst was a funny guy he was always teasing us and telling us stories.   He made wind chimes and wind tunnels.   He built his house on a hill that all of us grand kids loved to roll down.  He had the coolest steps going  up to his house.  He made marble and glass designs in the concrete and his handrail was cool wood that he built.   One of my favorite things about my grandpa is that he had no teeth.  He always would tell us grandma got mad and knocked them all out with the rolling pin.  I loved going to visit them and be in their old house and hearing their stories.  They are great people who I am excited to see and be with again someday.   



Grandpa and Grandma Miller
My Grandma and Grandpa Miller  I lived a lot closer to in fact for a year and half I was privileged  to live with my grandparents.   My grandparents ran a fabric store for 30 years.   My grandpa is  a born repairman & salesman and my grandma can sew amazing things and loved to order fabric, she is amazing with colors.  I loved spending a week or two with my grandpa and grandma every summer.  I would get donuts for breakfast get to work all day which was the highlight of my summer and then go rope and ride horses with my grandpa and uncles at night.  We would eat after 10 p m and do it all over again.   When I was in High School I would go work the fair booth with my grandma all day and then go to the rodeo with grandpa.  I learned to cook with grandma and grandpa taught me more than I can share we have a lot of the same views on life, business, and the gospel.  I Love them very much and grateful they are in my life.   

I can't not say something about Dan's grandparents.  When Dan and I first started dating and were first married we loved going to Grandma Woodlands on Sunday afternoon.  She was a  big tease and Dan loved teasing her back.  She always served moose bars  or big sticks for a treat.  This is where my kids got their love of popsicles and ice cream.   Dan has never met his grandpa and is told he is a lot like him.  We are both looking forward to the day when we can meet him.  


Grandma Nelson with the Great Grandkids
After visiting Grandma Woodland we would go to Grandma and Grandpa Nelson's house they always had a treat and lots of visiting.  Dan gained a love for working and construction from his Grandpa whom he misses daily.  Grandma and Grandpa have taught us both how a marriage should be two people who love and respect each other and work together to accomplish miracles.  They are very loving and generous with all that they have.  We love spending time with them and one of our favorite traditions is the pizza birthday dinner.  

I feel very blessed to have such a rich heritage and love them all very much. 

   

 

No comments: