Friday, February 27, 2009

Back on Track

Well I am back on Track I was on such a role with my things I Love and then we all got sick at our house.   I wont bore you with the details.  I did have a couple more ideas for my things I love and now I'm just a little out of touch.     So Friends sorry I didn't forget you and know that I am saving you for another day.   

I decided I better hurry and blog the last couple of days.  Zeak earned his Bear award Wednesday night at scouts.   We really struggle with the whole scout thing.  It is just one more thing to add to the already full agenda.   I really try to remember and send him and then every few months I panic and go oh yea we need to be working on things.   But, I do know that it is a good thing that gives him a little culture and heaven knows this cowboy needs a little culture.   I tell him it is OK to be a Cowboy but I do want him to know there is a lot in this little old world and the more you know the more successful you will be and the better Cowboy he will be.   So Zeak I know you would have rather taught the group how to rope and ride but I'm proud of you for seeing it through and getting your Bear.   I am proud of you.  




Zeak is a fun kid to celebrate with.   He doesn't demand a lot he is pretty simple.  All he needs is some wranglers  (Cinches),  a little horse tack, a donut, and to go Ride.   Thursday nights are 4-H and since he was sick the week before he didn't want to miss again.    I made him biscuts and gravy one of his favorite meals and then we went to 4-H and shared donuts with everyone.    How much more simple can you get.  He was in Heaven on his horse.  In fact Dixon Winn you are the only one that got his birthday spankings in.   By the time we got kids and horses to bed I was to tired to remember we needed spankings.   Thanks Teresa for letting 4-H be the Birthday Party you did all the games and entertaining, thats the part I hate.  The food was easy.   Zeak Thanks for being a great kid and reminding me that sometimes we get the most joy out of the simple things in LIFE!   Happy Birthday buddy here is to another great year of growing, :) (maybe keep that to a minimum your already double most the kids your age) roping, riding, and being with the ones you love.  


1 comment:

tallgirl said...

hey zeak remember october 10, and 17 big ones on your 6' 2" friends big day, i'll hold him down and he's all yours. we might need a couple more dads to hold him down but we can get it done~!!!@!!!!!!
happy birthday we are so glad we are a part of your lives!! tallgirl