Saturday, January 24, 2009

Back in the Saddle

So this is a horrible photo but it is all I have.   Taking pictures in the indoor barn is a difficult thing that some day I will master.  For now I am just glad I mastered getting back on a horse.  It isn't that I wasn't ever getting back on I just was in no hurry to get back on.  Usually the first thing you make someone do when they fall off or get bucked off a horse is to get back on.  I understand why we do that now.   Do to my injuries that was not an option.  So 11 weeks later I felt like myself again.  Saturday morning I got up and thought I can either avoid the arena or I can get up get ready and go ride a horse.  With all of the rain and cold a person can feel down and depressed, this is how I was feeling.  In the past when I have felt like this a good horse ride soothed the soul.    Though, short and sweet the ride did the trick,  I feel like a million bucks.  It is amazing how good it feels to ride a horse again.  I am a lot more cautious than a few weeks ago and definitely picky about who I ride.  In fact, I informed Dan he either needed to buy him a new horse or find me a new one because 4 of us could not ride the same horse. So here is to being  back in the saddle again.

3 comments:

Tina Williams said...

Lisa - I'm so proud of you! Not that I ever doubted that you would climb back on but it still takes some nerve. If I hear of any horses for sale I will be sure to let you know - I don't want Dan to have to start walking while the rest of you ride; ). Thanks for the great example.

Woodlands said...

I have to say I was impressed when I walked in and saw you on the horse. I think it would take me a little longer to jump back on. Good for you!!

Jense Family said...

Good for you!!!!