Tuesday, January 20, 2009

44th President of the United States of America


This morning I went to Heritage Hills to give the Relief Society lesson.  The Lady's were very concerned about the Inauguration.   So after getting Jake to school I downloaded the Inauguration and watched it with Kaci.   I was surprised by her reaction.  She said, "mom he's not talking very nice."   I said, "what do you mean."  She said, "he is mean I don't like him."   I'm not sure how I should feel about my 3 year olds impression of our new President but it didn't make my concerns any less.  I always thought he was a very impressive speaker.  One thing I have learned is that people who can interview and carry themselves well don't always have the work ethics to do what they say they can.   I hope he does what he says he will do and that he can help put America back on track.  I also believe that one man can't do it alone it takes all of us to make miracles happen.     I do know this if we are prepared and listen to our Prophet President Monson and do  what he asked we will be able to make it through theses rough times.   So that is the hope and peace I will live on.  I know that President Monson is a man of God and that I will be o.k. in following him.   Then I will pray for our President of the United States and Congress that they will keep our best interest in mind when changing things in America.    So Kaci I hope that your impression of President Obama is not true but will not be surprised if it is.    None the less history has began a new chapter today and its story is just beginning.  Hopefully in writing the story the authors will remember the foundation our country and its freedom were based on.  I hope in 4 years I will still be Proud to be an American, like I am today!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is very interesting. Maybe she knows something that we don't. They say that kids sometimes have better intuition about people than adults. It will be interesting to see what happens.