Monday, January 19, 2009

I'm so glad when Grandma & pa Come.

My Grandma and Grandpa Miller came down for a visit.  My grandma owned a fabric store for 30 years and when she closed it two years ago she kept a lot of fabric so in October she decided to make all of her kids, grandkids, and great-grandkids quilts.    We added it up and  she made 25 quilts since October.   She has been a busy lady.   So this week when they were off  from the temple they delivered all of the quilts.   Dan loves ours and has taken it over.   When I got home thursday night my grandpa had left already and Jake said to me mom, " you know how I was afraid of your grandpa and would run away from him?"  "well I learned to really like him today.  He is a lot of fun to be with."    I am so glad that my grandparents are still around and my kids get to know them.  They are truly amazing people and great examples to me.  I love them very much.  

My mom and Grandma got to go to a Time Out for Women webinar taping.   It was really awesome.  I was nervous about taking my Grandma.  She is a homebody and doesn't like to get out very much.  To my surprise she is a big Sheri Dew fan so she was really excited.  She loved the whole experience, in fact she loved it so much that she wants to go this weekend to Ogden and take my Aunts and cousins.   They asked her to do a taping for them and bear her testimony.   It was a really sweet experience.   I am so glad I took them and that we got to have such a great day together.  Those are the memories we will cherish. 
My mom got it from Grandma the first thing they do is come and start washing our dishes.   You think us girls would learn to have them done before they get here.

Kaci reading Fancy Nancy to Grandpa.

No comments: