Saturday, November 29, 2008

Lights and Trees

Last year I was on the Arts Council and helped get the City on board with our Christmas Festival.   It was a huge success and this year they made the event even bigger and better.  They changed the date to the weekend after Thanksgiving instead of the weekend before.   I didn't do anything to help out this year because of my accident but I did want to attend.  After standing for way to long I couldn't wait any longer and went and Sat in Brett's truck.  So I missed the whole lighting ceremony.  This year they added a light parade that was a lot of fun.  I saw parts of it.  Dan and the kids enjoyed it.  



After the light parade we went to the county building for the Christmas program it was really neat and then in the middle of that they did the Tree auction.   We have teamed up with Juab Title for 5 years and participated in this by decorating and donating a tree or in this case trees.  It is a lot of fun and goes to a worthy cause (sub for santa.)  This will be the last year.  For some reason there is not a lot of support from the community and the same people always end up buying the trees.  So we will not be participating anymore.  Last year was my favorite tree for sure.  This year I did a little work on bows and putting ornaments on hooks but Tina had to do all of the work.  We had a little girl tree full of princess and girly things and then a boy tree with old fashions  toys and sports ornaments.  They were fun and different.   I am sad that this tradition has come to an end but all good things must come to an end and I am sure Tina and I will find some other fun way to be creative and serve those in our community that our in need. 

No comments: