Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veterans Day

Today I was expecting just another day.   Instead I had a deep sense of appreciation for the men and women who serve and have served to keep our country free.   Mona Elementary still believes in music and programs,  They did a Veterans program honoring the veterans in our community.  The songs were gorgeous and uplifting.   It brought tears to your eyes when they played a video clip and had the men stand up during there division.   There was someone from every division in the armed forces.  Each grade sang a song and did a tribute to each division of the armed forces.    After the program I was home doing vinyl and turned on the TV I like to listen to Good Things Utah.  After GTU A show The View comes on.  It is a panel of Ladies that usually argue the topics of the day.  I kept listening because they were arguing Veterans Day and war.  One lady was Pro Bush, Pro the War.  One lady was very Anti.   The Lady that was anti was even anti veterans day.  It broke my heart to here someone that may not agree show no respect at all for life or the blessings we have of being Americans.   I was impressed by the lady that was pro that said today is not about the your views and beliefs on the war, it is about honoring the men and women who have given their lives for your freedom.  Woopi defused the argument by saying show respect to these men and women today and let it be that.  I am very grateful that I have relatives who have served and fought for our freedom and I am grateful to the men and women and their families who have sacrificed everything including their lives so that I can have the many blessings I have.  Even in these days of turmoil and uncertainty we are truly blessed to live in a free country.  The thing I am most thankful for is the freedom of religion.  Because with out that I would be very scared about the outcome of our country.  I know that our country was founded on good principles and will survive because there are still good people with good principles.  I know that if we are trying to be good and do good things we will survive.

The program was at 9:30 am.  Jake is in pm kindergarden they invited the pm kids to come and be part of the program.  On our way to school Jake said,  I am nervous to go in the morning.  I said that is what you have been asking to do all year.   He said ya but mom I am scared to sing in front of everyone.   I  am scared to go.  I pushed him all the way in and all the way to his teacher.  Can you believe Dan has a shy kid?
Posting the colors.

21 gun solute.  They had seven guns and shot 3 times

Taps played by Troy Rindlisbacher.

Rodeo is a very patriotic sport and has given Dan and I many teaching moments on patriotism.  Zeak has always been very contentious of saluting the flag.  

3 comments:

Jense Family said...

I was pleasantly suprised at how much the CMA's talked about God and how patriotic it was. I was so glad to see that. I cried several times throughout the CMA's and will always be greatful for those who gave so much for the freedoms we have today. Some of them way be gone, but they will never be forgotten.

Woodlands said...

I love the pictures of the boys. I love the blog too. It is hard to believe that Jake is shy:)

shannon said...

Lisa,
I can't believe how grown up your boys look! What a great experience for them!