Friday, November 14, 2008

A floor at Last

In May Dan & I found what was to be our dream home.   After looking for several years and trying to build several times we finally found a house we could call home.   Dave Clark our realtor is still in shock.  Tina Williams and Mike Sperry were always looking and they would have Dave look for us.  We looked at the house Monday morning first thing and signed papers that night.   The clause in the contract was that we had to wait until July to move in.   In June the kitchen flooded.   The Bastians called me really upset.  They had discovered a leak in the kitchen.  The laminate floor was ruined and the laundry room ceiling was completely ruined.    I was ok with it because I wanted gas run into the kitchen.  We  had to tear up the cabinets and the laminate in the kitchen.   Where the ceiling flooded we could run gas to my kitchen stove.     We moved the first part of July and November 5,  Dan started putting in my new hard wood floor.  

The original
I even got in on the action.  I cut most of the boards.   I stayed away from the angles, and tiny cuts.  When it was time to take Jake to school he came in and said," if you guys have this done by the time I get home I have a surprise for you."  We are still waiting for our surprise the kitchen was done when he got home.  The kids love it.  Zeak says,  I love our house it is awesome.    It really is true that everyone needs a place to call home and have a," refuge from the storm!"
One amazing Contractor I highly recommend him!   And now that we have our own house you might stand in line behind me because he is really enjoying working on our house.  It is still a slow process but it is definitely worth the wait. 
Finished product. Next on the agenda is to fix the backsplash that got ruined in the flood.

1 comment:

Woodlands said...

It looks awesome. I need to come and see it in real life.