Thursday, December 4, 2008

Santa's Little Elves




The Woodlands have been very blessed the last three weeks.   I'm sure some of you are tired of hearing about it but I just can't even begin to say Thank You and tell everyone how blessed we are.   I really hope my children understand how blessed we have been.   I hope they are learning how important serving others is.   Thursday I had some little elves come and decorate my house for Christmas.   My mom is so amazing and would do anything for her kids.   She came up and I think she really had fun decorating.  I never realized that my love for colors and decorating came from her.  I have always loved doing crafts and projects with her and looking back that was just always apart of our growing up.   Our house was never immaculate  but is was always decorated for the holidays and warm and cozy.   Welcome to any guest that might come.   As I watched my mom's face light up when she was decorating I just had to reflect on life and then I realized that is where my love for having a decorated home came from.   The awesome thing is I am watching her teach Kaci the same.  She is much better at it and  more patient than me even though I try Kaci has more fun with Grandma.  I have the most amazing friends,  Ange showed up with lunch and all of her stuff to do a pedicure.   I don't think she planned on doing the whole family but she got me and the kids.   She helped my mom decorate and the biggest help was getting Jake's tree put up.  Aunt Brenda did our running for a tree stand and band aids and Ange put the tree up so Jake would not feel neglected.   My house looks wonderful.   My Friend Tracy started the whole mess early that morning by taking the Autumn vinyl off the window and the Fall wreath off the door.   I missed those two things.   She stayed and helped for a while as well.   We did leave the trees for Mr. Grinch (Dan) he wanted to decorate them.   So thanks to Santa's little Elves that helped Christmas get set up at our house.   

No comments: