Sunday, December 7, 2008

It's officially Christmas at the Woodlands

When the NFR and the LDS Church Christmas Devotional have been watched Christmas is officially started at the Woodland House.   The National Finals Rodeo started on Thursday night we missed it because our Dish wasn't in then Friday night we watched it.   Saturday night we decided it pays to know people.  It is tradition every year to watch the NFR with our good friends the Berezay's, and Durbin's and lucky for us the Berezay's had Direct TV installed Friday as well.   So we were able to watch last night with them.  Tonight on Sunday we are watching again.  I guess it is kinda like the super bowl for us.   Hopefully the Lord understands.   We did watch the LDS Christmas Devotional before the finals.  It was amazing it is always good to hear the Brethren speak.   They had awesome messages of hope and love.   They challenged us to remember the simpleness of that first Christmas and that the Savior was born in humble and simple circumstances.   We should enjoy the celebrations and festivities of the year but make are gifts simple and meaningful.     I love to hear President Monson speak he is an amazing man.   I feel lucky to have a prophet to lead and guide us.  I love this Holiday season I love the story that started many years ago the birth of our Savior in a manger and I hope that I can live my life to be there for the ending of that story.  Hope that you are all having a Happy Holidays and that the real magic of Christmas falls on you and your family.  

1 comment:

Marlies said...

I just thought I would pop in the thank you for your thoughts on my blog. I don't mind people stopping by whom I am not familiar with. If I was I would have gone private a long time ago. Thanks for leaving thought though. I do like to know who is reading. I have to laugh reading your blog because as soon as I asked Kent who you were I got your whole life story (ok so I exagerate). Sure enough when I read about the NFR I saw that Kent was not wrong. Thanks again.
Marlies Robison