Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Trunk full of Treasures and Memories

My Great Great Great Grandparents Joseph Price Jones and Jane Hughes Parry. 

Grandpa Job Jones Miller DeNora Fae Lamont my grandpa's sister Larae, then my grandpa's brother Thomas and his wife Linda.
The New Testament published in 1880

Home of my great great grandparents Thomas and Margaret Jones.

Great Grandma Janie Jones and her brother Thomas
The last year I have been very drawn to my genealogy and where I came from or who I came from.    This top photo is of My Great Great Great Grandparents Joseph Price Jones and Jane Hughes Parry.    The photo on the bottom is my Grandpa Job Jones Miller DeNora Fae Lamont my grandpa's sister Larae, then my grandpa's brother Thomas and his wife Linda.    I had the honor and privilege of spending the day with them last Friday.     My mom and dad were there as well.   Uncle Thomas has 8 binders worth of pedigree charts that he had gone through and so he made copies for my grandpa and his sister.    We put them in sheet protectors and binders for them.   I was not interested as much in those, I can get online and see that.   I was interested in the photos and stories.   So when we were done Uncle Thomas pulled out a trunk full of photos and memories.   His house was full of antiques and treasures from my great great grandmas house.    As he pulled each photo out I had to take pictures.    I was so excited to have these treasures and now I want to know these people and their story.    My grandpa and his siblings shared stories and memories of their childhood which I tried to record.  I want to know my ancestors and I want my children to know them.   I firmly believe we will need their examples of courage and strength to make it in these latter days.     When I get to heaven I want to be able to recognize them and know them already.  

No comments: