Friday, March 23, 2012

BirthWEEK



A Long time ago I started having Birthweeks instead of Birthdays.   This year was no exception.  Sunday March 11, Madison and I celebrated at Grandpa and Grandma Woodlands,   Madison requested crab legs and much to everyone's surprise we got them.   We also had shrimp, and salmon.  Susan made me a purse out of fabric it is adorable.   Thursday night Tina and her family stopped by with a little birthday wish since we would be gone on my birthday.   Then on Friday the 16th which is the actual day of my birth we had a rodeo in Tooele so we were on the rode.   My mom and dad drove up to spend the day with us and support the boys.   My mom gave me an adorable apron and necklace and my favorite oatmeal cake with german chocolate frosting.    The rodeo went way late much to my husbands dismay he got balloons, cake, and ice cream with a card for a one day shopping trip with him.     He planned on having a little get together after the rodeo but time and weather were not conducive to his plans.   He tried and then was frustrated that things did not work out.   I spent the night at Becky and Trevor's.   Brinley and Rylon got to spend Friday and Saturday with us it was a lot of fun.   They are adorable and I could steal them if their mom and dad would let them.   The next day was just as long as the day before we did sneak in some cake and ice cream just not enough for the amount he bought so I sent it Tues night for the Young Men to finish up.   I am really trying to stay away from the sugars I know they make me sick and so I am trying to be good.   Sunday I got another gift from Susan because we didn't make it home for the party with Madison and Kathryn.    Sunday was not a celebration for me but non the less we had a celebration for Hayden's blessing.   Monday night my sister Brenda did dinner and a cake for me.   She has really developed a cake decorating talent.    She did my cake in my favorite color purple and I would say it is the fanciest cake she has done to date.   It was vanilla with a Orange Butter Cream frosting.   It was really good.   I feel bad that I didn't clue in that she was having a surprise party and invited my brother and his girl friend and my mom and dad up for dinner.  By Monday night I was partied out.   I might have to cut back on so many birthday parties and cakes it wears a girl out.   


PS.   I had to add a little side note.   See the cast on Madison's arm.  Ya this is a story that needs to be told so I am copy and pasting from her moms blog.  in February Madison got her first broken arm. She went with her Aunt Uncle and Cousins ice skating and fell on the Ice:( Lisa called a warned me of what had happened, but felt like she was OK. Madison can be way dramatic so you never know if she is really hurt or not:) So we decided to not say anything about it unless she brought it up. The first thing out of her mouth with tears was I really hurt my arm. Brett and I looked at it. It didn't seem swollen and she could move it etc. But she said it really hurt. So we being the great parents we are sent her to get in the bath and soak it in hot water and move it around a little and with Motrin it would be better by morning:) Not the way it panned out. Since Hayden was born she liked to go get him out of bed and snuggle with him while I got ready. She went to pick him up and couldn't. And she tried to hold on to her water bottle and couldn't squeeze her hand to hold it. So off to the Dr. we go. He comes in and looks at it moves it around and says I don't think it's broken but lets do an x-ray anyway to make sure. I was feeling kind of silly taking her in, but I thought it would relieve some drama from her knowing it wasn't broken. Sure enough he came back and said I was wrong it is broken. What????? Madison immediately started to cry as if that meant they would have to cut her arm off:) I am telling you DRAMA!!! We took her to another room and he put a soft cast on it to wear for a week and then we went back for the pink hard cast for 6 weeks. Aunt Lisa was surprised to hear it was broken and felt bad that she thought she was fine:) SO DID I. So Lisa wasn't alone on that one:) We are so glad that experience is over. Just to tell you how dramatic she can get we took her brother to the ER for stitches and when we walked in they rushed to her to see what was wrong. We had to say it's not her it's her brother:)


No comments: