Thursday, May 27, 2010

One Nail at a time. . .

For 18 months this is what the carpet in my living room and bedrooms looked like. Six months after we moved in we replaced the flooded kitchen floor and took it down the hall and to my front door. Over a year later we finally have moldings and a finished wood floor. Dan also changed the handles on my fridge so they swing the correct way. Things are starting to shape up at the Woodland house and I am way excited.


This is the best part of Dan's spring projects. At Christmas time we went shopping for a new table because the kids broke ours while Dan and I were deer hunting. We couldn't find anything either one of us loved and so I mentioned that maybe he could build us a table. For my birthday he decided that he could attempt this and so he ordered the wood. This is the results. I love it. He is very talented and creative when he wants to be. I just wish he had more time for my projects instead of everyone else's. Oh well such is life being married to a contractor. With the slow economy I don't dare complain or whine. We have work and that is a huge blessing. So I will be patient and take things one nail at a time.

No comments: