Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Having Fun . . .



We have spent a lot of time together in our yard this spring. For mother's day Dan and the kids got me some Aspen trees to plant in my front yard. Yards are a lot of work but such a great way to spend time together working and playing as a family. Just this morning the boys were cleaning up the back yard while Kaci and I were weeding the garden. Dan came home and had some time so he started helping us in the garden. Kaci was telling us about life and she said, "it is just so sad!" I was totally expecting to here how sad it was she had to weed the garden. What I was not expecting was her answer, "It is just so sad that the boys have to do their chores and they don't get to have fun and weed with us!" Dan and I just smiled and later he said, " hopefully she doesn't catch on for a few more years." I have to say I don't hate weeding the garden. I agree with here completely, would rather weed than do the laundry any day.

No comments: