Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day




We had Father's Day dinner at our house this year. It was a lot of fun and good food. The only one we were missing was Cody the great thing about that is the next family get together will be his homecoming. The meal had something that all of the dads liked. Then we chilled on the back lawn in the shade laughing, talking, napping it was great just hanging out. I talked my mom and dad into letting me take a few photos of them so I could put one in my house. Kaci was helping me and she had my mom and dad laughing so hard. This is one of my favorite photos. My dad and I didn't always have a great relationship growing up ( I think because we were a lot more alike than we thought) but, we did share some common interests and fun times together. I loved to hunt with my dad this is one of the few activities that could get me out of bed before sunrise. I learned a lot about life when hunting with my dad. He would teach me directions, how to find my way. How to watch for signs and animals, tracks, and plants. I loved being in the mountains with my dad. I learned a lot from him about horses even though I hated practicing with him. My love for cooking came from him. He is a great cook and taught all of us kids how to cook. My dad is a great guy and I watch him now teaching my kids some of those great qualities I learned from him. Thanks dad for being so great. To Dan, Thanks for all you do and for being the Father of my children I LOVE YOU!

No comments: