Monday, June 14, 2010

Her First Rodeo

Goat Tail untie
barrels
Anyone who knows this little girl will be shocked first, at what she is wearing. Second, at the smile on her face. She loves to dance and usually has a dress on. Even at the arena she usually has a dress on. May 29 and 31st were different, instead of being a spectator cheering for her brothers she was a contestant. CUJR has a little pee wee division. This is a great place for kids under six to gain confidence and get a taste of winning. We pay $2.00 and they get a $1.oo back. Because I have to help in the other arena I didn't get to watch her in her first rodeo. Luckily we live in an era of technology and grandma got it videoed and photographed. She came to find me after she was done. With more excitment than I had anticipated she said, "Mom I won first place I won $3.oo whole dollars. Blue and I 'skipped' around the barrels and pole." I didn't get her $3.oo whole dollars to put in a safe place. She carried it all day long and told anyone who would listen to her that she won first place then she would show them her money. Yesterday when we went to the arena to practice she asked to walk not run or skip the barrels. I am so glad I had her try. I don't think she will ever be a cowgirl but she can never hold it against me that she didn't get to try it.

2 comments:

Jill said...

I was very surprised to see this little PRINCESS as a cowgirl. But, she's cute no matter what she is doing. I enjoy "stalking" your blog. Hope you don't mind. -"Aunt" Jill (tina)

Dan,Lisa,Zeak,Jake,Kaci said...

Aunt Jill thanks for reading and leaving a comment. You are welcome to stalk my blog anytime. Lisa