Thursday, June 24, 2010

Hazord Pay



Some days in construction are rough. Today was one of those days. Our company was awarded the TV Repeater building up on the hill west of Nephi. Dan asked me to get up at 4:30 AM (morning person I am not) so I could go take pictures of the this dangerous pour. Well with a frown on my face I got up loaded the sleeping children in the car and headed to Nephi. Dan had already left and I needed direction on where I was going. As I was talking I realized that I had forgot the camera, ugh that was the purpose of me going. So I turned around and hurried back to Mona. I made it in time for the second concrete truck to go up the hill. I was in the wrong place to be taking photos. The sun was coming up and making it hard for me to get a good picture. The action wasn't as exciting as Dan thought it was going to be. They thought they were going to have to use heavy equipment to get the cement trucks up the two steep hills. Much to my dismay they didn't need to use them. I never got close enough to the action but Dan's brother Brett was in the right place for all of the action. No need for me to go take photos because he got some great shots. Paybacks were sweet. I needed an auctioneer for my Relief Society Meeting that night and guess who I found. Yep the concrete man from DL Design and Construction. So it turned out to be a great day. The concrete pours went with out a hitch and Dan made the night at Relief Society fun and entertaining. I love it when we help each other out!

No comments: