Friday, May 21, 2010

Two Little Birds

My Grandpa Miller called a few weeks ago bragging about how he had just eaten his first red strawberry out of the garden. He told me my biggest trouble was going to be keeping two little birds (Jake and Kaci) out of my strawberries. My strawberries were loaded with blossoms but no strawberries yet. In between Farm Day classes I noticed two strawberries in my patch. From this view they look ready to pick but if you turn them over they needed another day so I took a picture of them. After the last farm day class I was cleaning up and noticed my strawberries were gone. Thinking to myself them darn little birds got my strawberries I went to find them. Kaci and the neighbor had been playing and the evidence that they were the little birds was on the ground next to them. In slight anger I said, "did you two eat my strawberries?" Ty looking a little scared said, "but they were red." I asked if they were sour because I am confident they were a little tart still. Kaci said, "mom they were red there was no green on them I promise." I came straight in the house and called my grandpa to thank him for encouraging two little birds to beat me to the strawberry patch. After a good laugh he confessed he really didn't get the first strawberry out of his patch my cousin Sheyanne did. I must have scared Kaci and Ty enough that they now ask before picking the strawberries and I did get the first red juicy ripe strawberry out of my patch this year.

1 comment:

tischner said...

Lisa Im still sooo jelious of your stawberrys!! I'm trying again this year!! lol