Thursday, May 20, 2010

Power

This power plant supplies parts of Utah. They couldn't tell us exactly where because once it goes into the grid they don't know for sure where it ends up. It has the ability to cover the western States if necessary. (Hope I understood that right)
Mr. Peay calling to get permission for us to come in. Power plants have a high security. FYI if you want to go all adults MUST have a photo ID. They are serious and wouldn't let the bus in because the bus driver didn't have her Drivers License.
Dan and I have decided if we went back to school now we would learn so much more. Yesterday I went to the power plant west of our house with Zeak and the 5th graders. I can not tell you all of the specifics of how our power is made but I am amazed. It is quite the process. I was impressed that they tried to emphasize the importance of staying in school and how our education applies to daily life. I am not sure any of the 5th graders understand or appreciate their advice but, as a mom I did. It takes different talents and skills to keep this world running and the more knowledge you have the more you are able to do your part. They believe in the . . .
"School of It"
If you break IT then fix IT.
If you make IT then see if someone will ______It. (eat, wear, ect.)
Try IT (only if it is safe)
Do It (only if it is safe)
What a fun day spent with my oldest!


No comments: