Monday, March 29, 2010

Weigh In Time


So these days most people that are doing weigh In's are on some kind of weight loss plan. They can't eat their favorite foods, they exercise morning and night, and the scales determine if they are happy or sad. At the Woodland Residence we want weight gain. These black beauties need the right marbling and muscle to produce the most desirable steak. Each week their diet increases in their favorite grain combination. They are not worried about carbs and fats for this is what they need. Ok really I have no idea what it is they really need I just wish that it wasn't bad to up the portions on your favorite foods. I have to admit that lately I crave more of the healthy stuff. I wish that when I got on the scale that people would be happy to see the pounds increase. True confession I am probably the only one who worries about the increased pounds, my husband loves me regardless he even has been know to comment that just makes more for me to love. My kids don't seem to mind and worry about it. (Although I wonder because the other day Zeak came home and said, "hey mom you know how you want to loose weight so you can be more active with your kids?" me, "yes" Zeak, "well you should try P90x." Me, no comment.) And none of my friends have stopped calling because I have gained weight. So my question is why does it stress me out so much? So for now I will just support the weight gain of "Steak" and "Eggs"so that we can have more yummy steak next fall.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Love it....

Tina Williams said...

In the days of old, a little extra weight meant you were wealthy - can we take that theory? We have enough money to have plenty to eat. It is a good thing!