Sunday, March 14, 2010

Delta CULB Rodeo

Posing only gets you points with you mom not the judges!
Zeak and Rhett

Grandma Miller and Kaci
My grandpa on the phone bragging about his great-grandsons. My dad must have been changing saddles.

What a weekend. I new this weekend was coming up and that I needed to try and be prepared. We needed to take our own food and stay in our trailer. Dan and I thought we were being good planners. (However, this is something as hard as I try I am not a good organizer and planner. I admire and look up to those who are but I just struggle. How do you deal with all of the unexpected things that interrupt your schedule?) Sorry back to the original post. Friday morning I planned to finish getting the cloths packed and laundry finished. Make a few meals for us to eat and be ready to leave by 2:00 pm Dan was suppose to go fix a door (mind you this will only be a 2 hour maximum project) While packing Kaci's cloths I discover that she is growing tall and her wranglers are to short. So Dan is sent to buy her new wranglers. Things are going along ok when my grandpa calls and wants to know what is for lunch. Then Dan wants to pull the boys out of school at 1 and head to Delta. So frustrated with how crazy everything is I decide that my daughter may be sick which I can either deal with now or my poor mom and grandma will pay for it all weekend. So I feed my grandpa leftovers (sorry he did choke it down being a good sport) then Dan decides to go install some blinds, feed steers, ect, ect. My grandma bless her heart comes into my disaster of a house which is embarrassing because she is a clean freak. She finishes ironing my boys shirts. Then she holds Kaci who was just waking up from an unusual nap. I take one look at her and know that she needs to go to the doctor. I call and some how get her an appointment in ten minutes. I rush to Nephi leaving my grandparents and Dan to finish loading everything. We find out that she has another ruptured ear and so we get an antibiotic rush back to Mona grab the few things I thought about except for . . . winter coats for me and the boys. We are now 2 hours later than we should have been leaving. We stopped to help Makayla Browns family who had a flat tire and now we are really late. When we pull into Delta it is getting cold and I remember that I didn't grab my coat so I call my mom who is just leaving Fillmore to bring us all some warm things. Thank heavens for moms and grandmas. Jake had a good night Friday night placing 2nd in flags and barrels Saturday he had a bad day. Tuff decided to run and Jake was not ready for this because at practice he kicks and spurs he even whips and still barely gets a trot. We get to the rodeo and he is all sorts of excited and runs. Jake was behind him all weekend. Zeak had a bad Friday night not catching anything but made a good goat run. Saturday he turned it on. Placing in everything so he ended up sitting 3rd in the all around when we left Saturday. This unfortunately will not hold out because of our decision to not rodeo on Sunday. I really have an inner struggle with this not because I want to rodeo on Sunday just because I know my kids have the ability to win. This doesn't bother Dan as much as me because he isn't the one running points and totals all weekend I am. After church today Zeak said, "mom it's ok I feel good when I go to church so it is ok that I don't ever win an all around." He really is a great kid and I know that he is going to get that all around someday. Jake learned some hard lessons this weekend. These are all part of the lessons that make Champions. I have to say the real champion this weekend was my sweet grandma, she doesn't enjoy rodeo never has. When her own kids were rodeoing she always had to stay home and run the store and do the chores so my mom and uncles could keep going. She went to a few close rodeos but never traveled with them. When Zeak said, "thanks for coming grandma!" She said, "your grandpa wouldn't have had it any other way." My grandpa loves rodeo he misses being there. It was fun to have them come and support my kids especially since it was so cold. Thanks to my mom and dad for always supporting us and coming to the rescue. They took Kaci home with them so she was warm. Thanks dad your always so good to help the boys with their horses. What a great weekend with family and friends.

5 comments:

Tricia said...

What a great example you are to the rest of us....

Tina Williams said...

I'm glad it all turned out so well. It sounds like you had lots of little blessings mixed up with the craziness!

Woodlands said...

I am glad everything worked out. Poor Kaci!! I hope she is feeling better!

suzy said...

I am glad you have a blog or I would never know what happens in your family. Thanks for sharing!

Woodlands said...

I love the Family picture. So cute