Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thankful

So this is a really long post and the worst part is that I put the pics in backwards I hate it when I do that. Since it is late and I am tired from a full weekend I am going to leave them and just leave instructions. Start at the bottom and read up. Happy Reading.

Good thing we fed all of the hay and made room for the trees.

Grandpa teaching Zeak how to cut Christmas Trees.
Happy Anniversary. So I would not recommend the day after Thanksgiving as a good date to get married. In 12 YEARS we have spent every anniversary with family. NOt that we don't love our family BUT... Dan loves the Life is GOoD store in St George so he got us matching sweatshirts. For our anniversary we drove home from St George, stopped in Fillmore for a quick taco before going to cut Christmas Trees, then home to watch the lighting parade (which we missed half of it because we left to early) and home to watch a movie that we turned off in the first 2 minuets because it was awful. I think after 12 years we are finally through a lot of establishing and our to a point of love and acceptance. We know when to say when and when we need to do more. We truly are BEst FrienDs and I would say we love each other more today than we did 12 years ago for sure. Thanks Dan for being MINE even if I have to share you with everyone else on our anniversary. After 12 years we have much to be grateful for we have good health, 3 beautiful children, a home, we live the simple cowboy life, we have the gospel and most important we have each other. We have sooo much!
Another party and perfect gift for a Fancy Nancy Fan.
We had a Woodland Family photo session. This is my favorite photo of the day. Can't wait to see how the rest turned out. The Preview was great.
With Thanksgiving celebrated we now move right into Christmas. I took the kids for a walk to see BABY Jesus. The little girls were so excited I think they really thought we were going to see the real Baby Jesus. A lady in St George that lives by my sister-in-law had life size painted figures of the nativity it was absolutely gorgeous. The kids were amazed at the details and I had to keep them off the lawn. They wanted to touch it and make sure it wasn't real.
Each of us decorated a table and when you have 26 eating dinner you need 5 tables perfect for each family to decorate one.
I am so thankful for Turkey I love turkey dinner and leftover turkey on rolls. YUMMM Thankful for the two turkey's carving the turkey so we could eat.
SO Thankful for cousins. My kids love being with their cousins on both sides. When I asked them a week or so ago what their favorite part of Christmas was they all agreed... spending Christmas Eve at Grandma's and waiting on the steps with their cousins to go see what Santa brought. I hope they always want to be with their families for this is the best part of life.

2 comments:

Tina Williams said...

Lisa -- When you are commenting about being BEst frienDs with Dan - you wrote it like that -- I noticed that if you ignore the uncapitalized letters it says BED -- was that on purpose? Does that mean you are also BED friends. Thanks for making me laugh and I'm glad that Thanksgiving went so well for you!

Tricia said...

Lisa,
I love reading your blog. It is inspiring to know that all mothers similar struggles and things to be grateful for. To read about it helps us remember that, "Oh I should be grateful for that too." or "Yah, I am glad I am not the only one who feels that way." Thanks for your honest perception of life.