Sunday, November 8, 2009

Zeak's Highlights From October

October 29th Zeak and I went to a 4-H awards banquet.    I am new to the whole show steer thing but I have done record books before in 4-H so, Dan and the boys raise the cattle and then I help end the year with Portfolio's.   Zeak was one of 12 winners for having one of the best Beef Portfolios this year.   He was awarded with a trophy from The Community First Credit Union.   Since we have no idea what we are doing I guess we will find out and work a little harder for next year and try and win a check for his portfolio.  
The Masterpiece
Creating
Zeak enjoys scouts.  I think it is more a social time for him then anything but I believe he is learning while he is there.   He is always volunteering us to make or take something to pack meeting so when he came home and said he needed to decorate a cake for pack meeting I wasn't to concerned.   Then he gave me instructions on what he needed and learned that this was for a cake auction to raise money for the scout program.   He had fun creating a cake and yes it had cowboys and horses a few Indians and  a wagon on it.  He invited  Grandma Woodland who came and was the winner of Zeak's cake.   No one dare bid against her.   It was a lot of fun.  Dan bid on every cake accept  Zeak's I expected to take home a car load of cake but luckily we only ended up with one.  Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Woodland for supporting Zeak and his scout troop.   Hope you enjoyed the cake!  (We had it for dessert Sunday night so we all enjoyed it.)

No comments: