Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Honoring Great Men & Women






What an awesome morning.  I have really come to love Veterans day.   Since moving to Mona it has greater meaning to me and I am positive it has meaning for my children as well.    They do a tribute and invite the veterans to come.   They have a program with mostly songs.   Today some of the 6th graders had a little speaking part.  The very last girl teared up through the last song, GOD BLESS THE USA.   I am usually not to emotional but the songs and the feeling there is so amazing I cry every time.  I had deep gratitude for so many people I know who have served and who are currently serving  for my freedom.   I don't even dare start naming them for fear I will forget someone.   I just am very grateful to them and their families.  Because of them I am able to live in Mona, my children can attend school, we can rodeo, raise animals, go to church, the list goes on and on.  Today I am very Proud and Grateful to be an American where at least I know I'm Free.  May it always be this way.   

No comments: