Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween 2009

This year Mona Elementary did a costume parade.  Then kids had a lot of fun and it was fun to see how creative all the costumes were.   Zeak like usually needed a costume that related to his lifestyle of being a cowboy.  It is really sad to me that he is growing up and I think his days of dressing up are coming to an end.  Him and Dan spent all day Saturday herding cows for Morris Blackett that is where he loves to be.  Him and Dan missed the Halloween party at Grandma Lou's and they almost missed trick or treating.   
I helped in Jake's class with his class party.   Wow I am so glad that I don't teach on a full time basis.  I do realize that I go in on days when the kids have extra excitement and energy.  I am so grateful for the teachers who love teaching my children everyday.  

Our cute spiderwebs and oreo spiders.
Grandma and Grandpa Sperry Lou are so fun.  They have a tradition of Holiday parties and one of my favorite is the Halloween party.  We carve pumpkins.   Some are very simple some are more detailed but all are very creative.  This is an activity where parents and kids get to work together.  

We always have a guest.   Mrs.  Witch is fun for all of the kids she brings a story and then she hands out treats from Grandma Lou.   My kids think they know who she is  but they are so good to let everyone enjoy her and not spoil the fun.   Thanks Ange you are such a great sport and have so much fun in life. 
The cutest little witch and her  kitty pumpkin. 
All of the kids and their pumpkins,  THe Williams, Woodlans, Sperry's, Meyers, Shaws, Allreds, Kecks, Tischners.  (Hope I got them all)  
One of Kaci's loves is CARMEL APPLES  she ate so many that everyone was sure she was going to be sick.  
My kids didn't want to do the trunk or treat they don't enjoy it so we met Dan and Zeak at 7 eleven to get their free slurpee and get grandpa Woodland his.   Then we went to see Grandma and Grandpa Woodland,  Aunt Brenda, Grandma and Grandpa Berzay, Grandpa and Grandma Sperry and Home.  We had one less stop this year and that was really sad, Tina thanks for the ricepuff balls even if they made me cry.  I'm glad Granny is forever etched in our memories.   My kids enjoy visiting and being with friends and family more than candy.  This makes me have to think I haven't failed them completely and they are getting what is really important in life.   So even though Halloween is not our favorite Holiday it just gives us one more reason to celebrate life, family, and friends.  

No comments: