Monday, March 16, 2009

Painting

Kaci and I headed to Fillmore Friday afternoon to help my parents paint their house.  Becky and Trevor have a sprayer which was a huge blessing.   So Friday night I watched Kaci and Rylon and they sprayed primer on everything.  Saturday morning game was on.  We didn't have all of the paint so Brenda had to come down with the rest of the paint which worked out better anyway because that gave us another hand to watch the kids while the rest of us painted.   My mom and dad and I painted their bedroom and the bathroom and the green room.  Becky and my dad taped everything thing off as it dried because we can't just have a 1 tone paint job we went with 3 in most rooms.   Then Trevor sprayed the addition and main living room.  By 8:00 pm Brenda and I were on our way home and I was tired.   That is a lot of painting for one day when you are not use to doing it.  My mom will have to finish the trim and touch up but the worst of it is done.   My picture is a little foggy Trevor just finished spraying and the camera kept getting the fine overspray in the picture. 


Best Painter Ever.  She was truly a great help and loves to paint and create.  I think she is going to be an artist of some kind.

Kaci went and helped Grandma pick paint for her house and she was so excited to paint Uncle Cody's room.  She picked a bright pink and teal blue for his room but Grandma talked her into toning it down quite a bit.  I was a little sad because it is really pale blue.  Kaci says it is white.  The rest of the house is very colorful compared to his room but it is ok.  He wont be there much anyway.    My mom is finally excited about her house and her addition.  It is amazing how just being able to paint and add some color helped her feel OK with things.  I know that colors have a lot of power  and influence on our lives so it was good to see them helping and having a good influence on my mom.   Color has always been a huge thing in my life I love COLOR.  I can't wait to paint my house.   But, I think I will wait a few days and let my body recover first.  I'm not as young as I once was. 

1 comment:

Tina Williams said...

Wow - their extra room looks like it will be a tremendous blessing for a whole bunch of family gatherings. I know your mom will love it when she has a minute to settle down - she is one of the most busy, serving woman that I know.