Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Mornings

This is how I wake up! Lucky for my kids they generally don't wake up like this. I have always hated mornings. When I try and explain it to people I get the blank stare but, I truly do not feel good and hate to get out of my bed. I have no idea whether this is a mental or physical condition non the less it is a condition I have always had. Two weeks ago I decided this had to change so Tina and I made a plan to meet every morning at 6:30 for a morning walk. If there was anyone in the world that could feel my pain on mornings it would be her. She likes to stay up much later than I do but loves her bed just as much as me. All things considered this was the only time of day that we could fit any kind of exercise in. The first morning was hard and for the first week we were both feeling how out of shape we are. I must say I still would love to stay in bed but something about having a friend waiting on me at the stop sign keeps me getting up. The truth is I feel much better, I get more done in a day, and I am able to cope with things much better. So, until the snow comes back we will keep meeting at the stop sign and I will conquer my condition.



3 comments:

Woodlands said...

That picture of Kaci is priceless. I had a LOL!! moment. I totally feel your pain about getting up in the morning. I HATE IT!! I feel pretty much how Kaci's hair looks.

Tina Williams said...

Too bad we aren't quite a bit more dedicated and walk in the snow . . . maybe we'll have to go for a little P90x - I think it will make us hurt in places we didn't know existed!

suzy said...

When Ashlyn saw Kaci's picture she asked, "What happened to her?" We call her hair, crazy baby hair at out house and we see it often. Good luck on the early mornings!