Monday, April 5, 2010

Faith Restored


!!!Warning!!! I am going to be completely honest here! Sometimes being a mother is so hard for me. I want so much for my kids and struggle with how to teach them and how to get them to see. It is hard for me to remember I can't beat it into them. I can't lecture it into them. Most important I can't yell it into them. I had high hopes for the Easter Holiday and tried way to hard to create memories, fun, and excitement. Worst of all I tried way to hard to teach them about Easter. Maybe not to hard just tried at the wrong time. By Sunday afternoon I was feeling like the worst mom in the whole world. I was in tears in my room when I heard a talk given Elder Bradley D. Foster. http://broadcast2.lds.org/general-conference/2010-april/2010-04-5030-elder-bradley-d-foster-eng.mp3 He told a story about herding cows. My favorite quote from his talk was, "The end would be better than the beginning." Tonight I was humbled as Kaci and I watched a video and song about Jesus. She sat for an hour and asked me questions and looked at pictures of Jesus. When Dan and the boys came home she shared it with them. We replayed it twice and by the end they were all singing the song and telling me about Jesus.

No comments: