Sunday, January 31, 2010

Weekend Highlights

Just a few Highlights from our LONG but good weekend!
Friday morning we got up early after a late night of riding and roping. We headed to parent teacher conference. It was mostly good. As a mom it is always a little nervous going to parent teacher conference... You just pray that they are acting the way you want them to and that they are learning and trying their best. After getting good reports from both teachers I climbed in my sisters truck with tears in my eyes. I had a really hard time leaving my family behind. I knew I needed to go be with my sister Stefanie but the torment of not being with Zeak at State wrestling was awful. I fell asleep on the way up just to help with the emotion and exhaustion. Dan called to let me know that him and the boys were in good hands. The little mother was already covering my job while I was away. Kaci followed him into the bathroom and he told her she had to leave while he was getting ready. She told him, "no dad I have to make sure you wash your bum." This helped me feel better about being away. Looks like she has learned well and will take good care of the boys while I am gone.
My sister Stefanie and her family went through through the Twin Falls Temple and were sealed for time and all eternity. Once I was there I was glad that I made the sacrifice to be there. The temple was so pretty the murals are amazing. The feeling inside the temple is one that can not be explained it just has to be experienced. You just know that things are good and right when you are there. I really never thought this day would happen for my sister and it broke my heart. On Saturday as I watched her children enter the room dressed in white the spirit was SO strong. I know with out any doubt that Families can be Together Forever when sealed in the temple of our Heavenly Father. The only way to describe my feelings of joy was I felt like my sister was on vacation and I hadn't been with her for a very long time, when I gave her a hug after the sealing I felt we had been reunited! It was awesome. Stefanie thanks so much for letting me be with your family on this special day. Zeak thanks for understanding and not holding it against me for missing State.
After the sealing and dinner we started our journey to Fielding to stay with my grandparents. There was snow and fog so we took our time and drove cautious. When we pulled into my grandpa's driveway I couldn't believe all of the snow. Let me just say I am grateful for the mud and brown patches on my lawn. This shot was the sidewalk to the back door.
3rd place Junior High State Wrestling Champs. Awesome Team Juab!
Zeak has only wrestled for 2 months and when you compare the first of the year to now it is awesome. He has learned so much and come so far. We are proud of him! He wrestled tough!
Now back at home everyone under one roof. There is no place like home. I had fun playing a few games of Snorta with the kids and relaxing before starting another crazy week.

1 comment:

Tina Williams said...

Congratulations Zeak! Next year you will be even better.

Lisa, I'm glad you had a great adventure and maybe I better stop complaining about our snow, I still would love to see it go.