Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Date Night

Last Night Dan took me on a date. He opened my door (which he hasn't done in years.) He held my hand. I was really nervous. We went the church and participated on a dating panel. Normally the youth don't make me nervous but being on the dating panel made me extremely nervous. We were introduced as the old couple??? What I am not OLD am I? I guess when looking at some of the questions and our discussion maybe I am older than I think I am. Cell phones were not a problem in my dating years. We didn't have them yet. By the time I was in college we had them but there was no such thing as txting. I was comforted to know that there are still rules and etiquette when dating. If you do txt when on a date your date is included. Most kids just don't txt while on a date. Some of the questions were what are some fun dates? How should I ask someone on a date? What should I wear on a date? Is it ok to hang out? What is the difference between hanging out and dating? I was relieved to know that kids still want to date. That they still want to get married and have families. They still have values and morals. It was fun to relive our dating years. And share our experiences both good and bad with the youth. Most of them were not impressed with our first date. Dan picked me up early before sunrise and we went coyote hunting. It was a lot of fun for us but I can see how it was not a first date for everyone. They wanted to know our worst and best dates. Dan's best date was our first. Mine was when we went to the football field made snow angels had a snowball fight then we went back to the apartments for hot chocolate with candy canes. My worst date was my Junior Prom, I was asked out by a friends but I had just broke up with my boy friend all night long my date would say, man he sure doesn't know what he is missing? How stupid is he? It just made my heart break even more because I didn't really want to be at the Junior Prom with anyone else. Dan's worst date was a prom date as well and the girls stole the silverware from the restaurant. Dan wasn't impressed. Although it was so fun to revisit the dating years I for one am glad I have found my true love! I am glad that we can go on dates and enjoy ourselves I think one thing I learned is that even though we were the old couple on the dating panel we are not to old to go on dates. We need to go on more dates and we need to do more of the simple dates. Snowball fights, a walk, going to the park. Thanks for the date and trip down memory lane, Dan I LOVE YOU!

1 comment:

Tina Williams said...

You made snow angels and enjoyed it? In your younger years the cold didn't bother you either, just like your children. I remember playing touch football in college on the frozen snow covered ground. I'm not even sure I wore a coat. When did we change? When did we decide to hate the cold? Maybe it comes with having children or maybe it really does mean we are old?