Monday, January 4, 2010

New Years Eve

Dan and I both grew up in families that celebrate baby new year. My family set out our Christmas stockings and Dan's family sets out a shoe. So every new years eve we set out our shoes and get a little surprise from the baby new year. Nothing big just something to start out the new year.

New Years Eve was not what my kids are use to. We are either with family or with friends. It is usually a big celebration and we stay up late. This year much to my kids dismay we ended up having a not so quiet night at home. We were all still on antibiotics and so we stayed home had BBQ hamburgers, homemade french fries, and sang karaoke. We established some family rules and goals for 2010. Even though we would rather hang out with our friends and family new years eve it was nice to spends some time at home and not have to go anywhere. Dan broke out the karaoke machine and the kids had a blast they just had to beat their dad away from the microphone. Dan made me promise not to put this or his bull riding experience on the web. So for now I will hold them at Ransom.



1 comment:

Tina Williams said...

Life just isn't what you would expect most of the time. I guess this is good. It helps you wake up in the morning. I'm glad you are all feeling better and that we have medicine to speed up the healing process. Happy New Years from us!