Friday, August 28, 2009

Post Surgery

3 years ago we had tubes put in Zeak's ears they were a huge blessing no more ear aches until this summer,  The ear aches started up again only this time it was the tubes causing the problem so in for another surgery this time to take the one out.  Zeak was so nervous and when the nurse came in to give him instructions he talked her ear off.   She gave him the low down and then asked if he had any questions?  He wanted to know how long before surgery, how long would the surgery take, how long before he would wake up, how were they going to put him to sleep, where was he going, where would his mom be, when could she be back with him, where would I be while he was in surgery, who was the Dr???? The last BiG question... can I rope on my horse tonight?  She said, "no you have to wait 24-48 hours."  He said,  "OK, but I have a ropin scheduled in the morning so I have to rope then can I at least ride tonight?"  She said, "not tonight but maybe in the morning."   She finally told him he would have to talk to the Dr and the Anesthesiologist to see what they thougt.   As they were wheeling him in I heard her telling the other nurses that is one cute kid he was so worried about everything and his biggest concern is riding his horse.  He is so cute I could just take him home!!!
This Cowboy Aint' so TUFF with a little anesthesia in him.   He had tears in his eyes when he left and tears in eyes when he came back to me.  
First thing he wanted was a COKE he did ask permission and to know if the Dr would let him ride his horse yet.   He didn't want to talk to Dan.  He was so emotional and didn't want his dad to hear him crying.   When he was finally good enough to go we got him dressed and he told the nurse he was fine to walk.  She watched him get off the bed and told him.  NO horse and I am going to get the wheel chair.  I did ask her for a bag incase he got sick on the way home.   Thank Heavens I am a pro at this because we needed the bag.   He didn't even ask to ride his horse until dark.  He spent most of the day chillin on the couch watching High School Musical and Roping Videos.

By 6:00 AM he was up and ready to go roping.  Dan took Zeak and Jake in to rope steers and then we went back that night to rope calves with Clay.  So he made up for missing out friday night.  

3 comments:

Woodlands said...

I had no clue he had that done until Sunday when he was telling me about it. I hope things get better for his ear.

brenda said...

how come you didn't teel he was having surgery

brenda said...

sorry i ment how come you didn't tell us he was having surgery. cort help with that last post.