Tuesday, August 11, 2009

County Fair

New Exhibitor at the Juab County Fair.   They did an open class and I made Dan go in and show I told him he had yelled at the boys all week it was his turn to get yelled at.  He did pretty good for a Dad.   The open class is just for fun.  
Jake was so excited his steer didn't even make weight but he got a blue ribbon.
Zeak did really well in Fitting and Showmanship he received a blue ribbon.   In the Market Class the judge said his steer would eat really well but he wasn't what he was look for so he gave Zeak a red ribbon.  One thing about judges ( and I can say this because I judge horse shows still) it is their opinion and what they see.  I told Zeak that next year he could get a judge that liked his steer.  Not to feel bad because when it was him being judged he did great.  Look at that smile it is a Grand Champion smile for sure.  
Saying Good Bye.   At the end of the week when all of the hard work is over it is sad to say good bye.   The boys worked really hard with their steers all summer, feeding them, leading them, and washing them.   Dan keeps reminding me we are not raising BEEF we are raising BOYS.   The auction was not as good as last year the boys didn't make as much money as they did last year Dan was a little disappointed it wasn't just us it was everyone.  The Grand Champion didn't bring in much more than us which is really sad.   So I kindly reminded him we aren't raising beef, we are raising BOYS.  
We were all exhausted from our trip to Colorado so by the end we were all really tired.  We put on the county fair Roping Tues. night it went well.  Zeak won 2nd in the Breakaway and 4th in the Ribbon Roping.   We ran 110 teams of team ropers and finished by 10:30 which was amazing.  Then Wed night Dan helped with the Western night rodeo.  Jake ended up running barrels on Hadleys horse.   He had never rode her before and he did great he had to start over twice but that third time was a charm he got her to do it right for him.   Wed-Fri we showed steers and Friday and Saturday we went to my brothers wedding.  I will save that for another post.  As you can see we have been very busy the last few weeks.  I am still really tired but keep plugging along.  The lawns finally got mowed today which made the neighbors really happy.   I bagged 3 bags of corn from my garden and I will make salsa tonight.  Jake has a soccer game tonight and tomorrow.  I can't wait for School to come and life to slow down just a little.   Now if a little fairy could just come and clean the house.  :)  

No comments: