Thursday, June 30, 2011

Technology Is Great!





Normally I take my camera every where and this is one weekend I regret not taking it more.   For years my  family has spent time helping with the church ranch operation in Nephi.    For many reasons I have never actually been on a horse moving cattle with them.  I was either pregnant or had babies.   I never minded and was always fine staying at the ranch and watching the other kids and helping with dinner.    Don called us and ask for help moving cows.  Things were in transition for Dan at work and he was able to work from horseback with his cell phone.   Because Kaci Fae is older and Jake and Zeak were with us I was invited to ride.   I am so glad we took that opportunity it was so fun and relaxing.    I wish I had a photo of us horse back and I really wish I had a photo of Dan with his cell phone to his ear and reins in the other hand.   Doing what he loves while still making a living.   Since I don't have a photo of that you will just have to imagine it.  Dan comment several times he was so thankful for technology which allowed him to work from a phone.   The Shepherds were with us and the kids had pony races and swam in the big water tank.   They would race the ponies for  awhile water them in the water tank and then they would go swim in the water tank that they just watered the ponies out of.   I know a little gross but at Grandpa Don's anything goes.     It was an awesome weekend full of memories. 

No comments: