Wednesday, June 1, 2011

May Maddness


The Month of May seems to have come and gone. As always there were plenty of celebrations and activities to attend.

Mother's Day is one of my least favorite holidays. I think I inherited this attitude from my own mom who I have always thought was great yet she always doubted her greatness. Now that I am a mom I see me doing the same things. As hard as I try to keep a positive out look on my role as a mother and my abilities to be a good mom those feelings of doubt and self-incrimination always find their way in. We were able to go to Fillmore and spend the evening with my mom and siblings.
Our first hotdog roast was right in our own backyard. Dan was not impressed that I was burning the pile of branches and letting the kids roast their dinner over it. So I sent him and Zeak to scouts for their dinner and Kaci and Jake thought I was the best mom ever until . . . they went to get marshmallows and all we had were minis. They tried roasting them anyway and had a great night. For future reference you must have large marshmallows or the new giant marshmallows.

We got a little bit of a late start on the garden but considering the weather I am sure we could have waited even longer. It has been so rainy and cold this whole month. Things are not really growing and I am sure I will have to replant a big portion of the garden.

Jake had his Spring Choir concert he did an awesome job on his solo. He has really enjoyed choir. He is sad to have a summer break but I assured him it would be time for singing again before we know it. He wants to move to the older kids so he doesn't have to wear his choir robe anymore.
My baby graduated from preschool this year and is ready to go to kindergarten. I wasn't sad until I gave Mrs Blackett a hug and realized there would be no more Apple Academy for us. She has been a great teacher and friend to all of us.






Mona Spring Fling was amazing as ever. Zeak was asked to help carry the flag he even agreed to putting his scout shirt on. The only problem was he couldn't find it thanks to our good friends Tina and Andy Williams for loan him one of theirs. The kids had fun and we got to dance with them after. This is one tradition I hope they always keep.
We waited forever this spring for our babies to come. We had a little tough luck and lost two calves which was devastating for Dan. I am glad we never had to go through a miscarriage or loss of one of our children I am not sure he could handle it.

2 comments:

Ducksoup said...

way to post lis! i what a fun month. the calves are pretty cute and i had no idea jake was such a little singer. awesome!

Raynz Photoz! said...

LOOOVE your blog!!!! LOVE your post!! I can't believe your baby just graduated from preschool! :-)