Saturday, September 12, 2009

Labor Day Weekend


Team Work is the Best
Jake and Madison loved using Grandpa's magnet to find nails on the lawn and around the house.  In fact when they couldn't find anymore they started spreading the ones they found back out on the lawn so they could keep finding them.
Zeak was so funny up on the roof.  You can tell when he is nervous he just keeps talking.  He kept saying, "mom so if I die with you just turn my horse out."  Then he said, "no wait you can have my horse take care of him he is my best horse ever."  "Mom if I die ..."   Finally I said, " Zeak quit talking and focus on what you are doing so that you don't die buddy."
Dan the Man.   Even though I know how stressed he was about doing grandma's roof  (strip and reroof)  he really is the man for the job.  He was just worried about not offending anyone and making sure the job would exceed Grandpa's expectations.   He is a hard worker and takes pride in what he does he knows that these qualities came from his dad and his grandpa Nelson so he wanted to live up to that reputation.  He was worried that there would be to many people and not enough roof.  They ended up working hard and getting 90% of the roof done.  This exceeded grandma's expectations for sure.  She expected this project to take at least 2 full weekends for sure.  Most of the family was there helping in some way.  Even the kids got involved.   It was a great project to get done and I know that Grandma was very grateful for every ones help.  What better way to spend the Labor Day Holiday then Laboring together with family? 
Monday with Grandma Nelson's roof at a stopping point Dan put me to work.  Not really I put him to work I have the organizing bug bad.  It is not a gift I will even pretend to have, but I know that it is essential gift to obtain any kind of cleanliness or order in a home.  SO I am on a quest to de-junk,  organize, and the fun part, decorate.   This the first of many project to aid in this process.   Dan built me a closet organizer in the upstairs bedroom.  I will be moving my vinyl office upstairs and I have already shipped the boys down stairs.     I just have to say Monday I spent the day with brushes in hand cussing because nothing was going to plan.   I was fully anticipating painting my new closet and repainting my walls.  Then the wallpaper underneath bubbled sOOOOOOO,  I am frustrated and at a stand still until I can get the wallpaper strippped and the walls retextured.  I spent most of the day  wishing I was at a rodeo instead Laboring on this fine holiday.   

1 comment:

Woodlands said...

When your done come on over:)