Friday, June 26, 2009

Why we need our Dad


Even though I threaten that I could live with out Dan all I have to do is send him to Youth Conference or Scout Camp to realize there are just some things I need him here for.    It amazes me that nothing seems to go wrong when they are here but hours after they leave wow!     So two weeks ago Dan left on Thursday morning for Youth Conference.   He hadn't been gone more than 6 hours when everything started to fall apart. The boys had some friends over and they  were roping and tying goats and being boys. Pretty soon I hear a huge commotion outside and went to see that my husbands big rope horse was out tromping on my grass and through my garden. This was an even bigger problem since it had just rained making the ground really soft now I have big hoof prints in my grass and through my garden. I think most of the vegetables survived however, the carrots did not.  After getting the horse put away and things taken care of I went in to fix dinner. The boys were feeding animals and playing. I fed the kids and then went out to check on the animals and make sure everything was OK only to find that the steers and the appaloosa pony had changed corrals and the pony was cleaning up the grain from the show steer.   For those of you who don't know, there are ingredients in the show steer grain that can be very

harmful to horses. So I panic start yelling for help and moving animals. The other problem that can be very deadly for the show steers is they were cleaning up the horses hay. Too much leafy alfa will make steers bloat.

The next morning Zeak went out to ride and found sores on his horse I thought they looked like pigeon fever wich is a highly contagious disease that causes infection and is hard to treat.  It is spread by flies.  Luckily after  making some phone calls we decided that it was cinch sores.   This was much easier to treat and take care of.   I did end up cleaning all of the cinches and putting up flies traps and cleaning up most of the mess.  Unfortunately we concluded with the next night before going to bed, I made the rounds and found all of the animals properly fed and safely tucked in. The kids were bathing and getting ready for bed when we discovered the basement had flooded. With all of the rains from the week the floor drains in my basement back filled leaving me a mess.   So as you can see nothing to tramadic but why doesn't this stuff ever happen when he is home?

Hoof prints in my Grass?   Is this an overkill on airiation?

It's not just pigs that love mud.   The steers keep dumping their water trough (50 Gallons of water.)  What a mess!!!
Hoof prints in my garden luckily my carrots are the only thing that got really hit hard.  
My basement flooded.
Getting ready for Scout camp.    

If you are not sick of me wining yet this is what happened yesterday.  Dan left at 6:00 am for scout camp.   Oh ya and it only took 4 hours to find that Jake prize rooster (pretty boy) had got in the dogs pen.   I am sparing you pictures it was ugly(for the reccord I didn't take any.)  Luckily Jake was in Tooele with my mom and didn't have to see it took Zeak and I 2 hours to clean  up the mess and I made Zeak man up and finish the job the dogs had started.    Then with in a couple hours of that I look out to see the show steers sneaking out.   Lucky for my garden I ran for the gates and trapped them in.   They are getting fisty and they know they are bigger than me so it took a little more to get them back in but we managed.   While my mom was in Tooele someone broke into her car and the only thing they stole was Jakes cowboy hat.   He had a rough day poor kid.  So far we are keeping things low key today and hoping that nothing else happens in the next 24 hours.  I just have to say that Dan is not going to leave me any more I think I am up for a vacation and he can stay home with the farm.  Just a side note the steers never got out once in the days between Youth Conference and Scout Camp.


2 comments:

Brandi said...

Isn't that how it always goes! I'm so sorry, that doesn't sound like a good week to me!

Woodlands said...

I had no idea that any of that happened!! I hope things are better now.