Monday, June 8, 2009

Fun with our COUSINS

what more can I say we love our cousins and had a great time with all of them that is what life is all about hanging with family and friends making memories.  Thanks for coming we can't wait to have everyone again.  My house is not clean and life looks pretty crazy but we had a fun week.  I enjoy having a home that is open to family and friends.   I hope they all feel welcome and enjoy being here.   Someday I will have a clean organized house.  For now it is just a home that is open to everyone.  
I even got a little work out of the boys I told them as soon as they had 2 rows weeded I would get out the slip and slide and balloons.  My they worked fast.  I will have to hire them more often I think Ice Cream cones were part of the bribe.  
Thursday night I had Wes, Ariel, Carson, Brinley, and my 3.   
The stand off.     Aunt Shannon sent a bucket full of water balloons and bubbles the kids had a blast.   They had so much fun Ariel decided to stay and play with us.  
Thursday night  I cooked my dad dinner for his birthday then Grandma treated everyone to icecream thanks dad. Hope you had a Happy Birthday.  ( Jake wasn't sharing his icecream)
Jake by far had the biggest fan club Thursday and Saturday night at the play.   Thanks everyone for your support.
One night Dan and I were downloading some songs off of Itunes.  The boys had fun dancing and laughing.   I down loaded the CHa Cha slide for the boys.  We had so much fun we ran Dan off.  
Brinley and Carson  spent a few days with us.  They were a lot of fun.  They got to watch Jake in Jack & The Beanstalk twice and they got icecream thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Barnhurst.  When my mom came back up Saturday Brinley said I like that Grandma.
This is Kaci and Ashlyn making soup   any guesses what is in the soup????
Ashlyn was the first cousin to come and spend some time with us.   She loved the baby chicks I am surprised they survived her and Kaci.  I left the girls alone with them to long and came back to find a brand new bag of chicken food 1/4 of the way gone.  The poor chicks were swimming in food.   I was to upset to take a picture and now wish that I would have.    Ashlyn keeps you on your toes.  She is so funny.  On the way into Nephi she told Uncle Dan to slow down she couldn't see everything.   We laughed then Dan slowed down so she could see the fields of Hay and cows on the way to Grandma Woodlands.   Then when her and I were headed to get the boys from branding she told me that she had a new coat for Christmas and one day  she got the scissors out and cut the arms off.  I quizzed her about that and she said, "Ashlyn I don't know what you were thinking. "  I said,  "what were you thinking?"  she said,  "I don't know what I was thinking."   The first thing Suzanne checked when they got home were Ashlyn's coats.   You will all be happy to know she didn't cut them.  By her story I was convinced she had cut her new coats.   She was so fun to have at "The Cowboy House"  (thats what she calls us "The Cowboy Family," that lives at "The Cowboy House")   We can't wait for her to come and visit us again.

1 comment:

suzy said...

I am glad that Ashlyn can make you laugh. It looks like you had a great time with Brinley and Carson not to mention your other neice and nephew. We need to have Kaci come to our house sometime.