Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Getting Organized!

So the pictures went in opposite order but oh well. After almost 2 years Dan made some time to finish a few projects and start a few more. My goal this year is to get organized.


I can officially say that my storage room went from utter chaos to organized in a short amount of time. For family night last week we got all of the kids to help us go through boxes and totes and clean everything out. Then we moved the shelves so they were functional and organized. This allow me to organize my food storage and 2 year supply. I was so glad to see what we have way to much of and what we don't have enough of. Now to just keep on top of it.
My fridge has had no handles and opened the wrong way for 2 years now. It drove my friends crazy when they came to my house. Yep, that was on the honey do list. My kids keep trying to open the fridge the wrong way now and I must confess I have even done it a time or two.
WE put in a hard wood floor and couldn't get mouldings to match it so Dan finally bought a table saw and the wood and made his own. My floor is officially finished. I love it. The top picture is my favorite. My husband loves to stash money and I have know about this since before I married him. He use to tuck it in different slots in his wallet. Now he hides it in our house. Well he was going through a box of hats and throwing a bunch of them away. The kids were trying them on hoping to get a new hat out of the deal. Dan tried on a hat then threw it to Zeak this went on for a while and all of the sudden Dan said, "hey look what I found." He had stashed money in this hat and then put it on his desk as a decoration forgeting all about it for at least 3 years. So let me just say it pays to get organized at our house.

3 comments:

Woodlands said...

Hey come to my house next. We need it bad. The bad thing is I spend the money before I can stick it somewhere:)

Tina said...

Woo hoo! Way to go you guys:)

rylissite said...

I wonder if that's a Nelson family trait, my dad stashes money in books! ha ha ha funny!