Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Blue & Gold

Tonight was our Blue & Gold banquet. This will be Zeak's last Blue and Gold. It is hard to believe that he is finished with cub scouts. I remember our first Pack meeting where I kept looking at Dan wondering what on earth I was doing there. I thought it was soooo weird. I have to say I still think the cheers or weird, but I see the value of scouting and the things it can teach the boys. It gives them some basic life skills and helps them prepare for the future. We have had some great leaders who have been dedicated to their callings. I am grateful for all of them and the time they have taken to teach Zeak I know he is not the easiest kid to teach. Tonight I received a compliment from his scout leader which made my month. (It has been a rough one and at times I wondered if Zeak would make it to his eleventh Birthday!) She said when Zeak first came in he was chatty and obnoxious but he has matured and been a huge help the last few months. She said she was really going to miss him. Way to go Zeak! You really do have a great heart and so much good in you keep it up.
Zeak earned his Weeblos and his arrow of light next month they with advance him to scouts and do the arrow of light ceremony. With the dinner and everything they wanted to wait until next month. This year is Cub Scouts 100th birthday. So we sang Happy birthday to Cub Scouts and to Zeak.
Zeak's last Flag Ceremony in Cub Scouts

1 comment:

Tina Williams said...

Congratulations Zeak -- I don't think he should be this old either. Weren't they just born? I'm really glad I don't get hit with young womens until next year.