Sunday, April 5, 2009

Spring


I love spring and all it brings and represents, flowers, babies, a rebirth, new life for all.  How fitting that we celebrate Easter at this time of year. Since this is exactly what the Savior represents.      This year I didn't get my spring bulbs planted in the fall and didn't know really what the Bastians may have already planted so I saw these vases in Costco and couldn't resist.    Then for my birthday I bought a bunch of strawberries and raspberries with my gift certificate.  I planted them all but this one flat because it had lots of blossoms and a few strawberries starting.  So while it is snowing outside I have enjoyed spring inside and hopefully by the end of the week will have a handful of strawberries to eat.  I will have to beat Jake to the punch, do to the fact, that he is as excited about strawberries and flowers as me.   This morning I had to cut all of the dead flowers off  Kaci and Jake were really concerned.  I explained that they wont last forever and hopefully the sun will come out and we can enjoy the green grass and flowers outside.    Today the sun is out and it feels more like spring.   So here is to Spring, the Savior, and Life and all that it means to me and all of you.  Happy Easter Week however you celebrate!  May the colors of spring lift your spirits and touch our hearts.  Make us want to change for good and serve others.  For we truly are blessed and none of us our alone we all have trials and struggles, this is why we have family, friends, neighbors, and the Savior.  

1 comment:

Snell Family Rocks said...

The Flowers are really pretty. Thank heavens for Spring. What a great time of the year.