Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter Weekend

Sunday was a beautiful day.  The sun was out and it felt like spring.  YEA!!!!  Kaci finally got to wear her dress and flip flops.  As we were packing to go to the desert she wanted to take her flip flops and dresses.  The boys told her she couldn't she had to wear her cowgirl cloths because the snakes would bite her toes.   So every morning she would get up and say I don't want to wear my cowgirl cloths I will just wear my pajamas and stay in the trailer.  Pretty soon we had her talked into putting on her boots and cloths.  She loved  playing  in the sand and on the rocks.  

Aunt Jessica did a scavenger hunt for the kids The older kids liked it better than the egg hunt.  I think Kaci and Andrew would have had more fun with the egg hunt.     After the hunt we had dinner and packed up to come home.  

Zeak thought he was in heaven Grandpa taught him to drive the 4-wheeler so when he wasn't on his horse you could find him on the 4-wheeler.    He loves the desert just like his dad and grandpa!
Jake and Madison loved playing on the rocks and found all kind of hide outs and houses to play in.  
The kids were most excited to color easter eggs.  We forgot the vinegar luckily Debbie Stalling had some pickled eggs we stole vinegar from.  It did the job and we had fun.  Andrew loved his egg and wouldn't let go.  He held it most of the day.    We rolled the eggs down the rock and they enjoyed that.   Zeak was to big for this activity so he rode horses instead.  I beg to differ you are never to old to color easter eggs it is my favorite easter activity.

Friday morning we took a little road to Ameston Valley???  On the way back we got a flat tire.  My father-in-law  had a flat tire kit and so him, Dan , and Kevin Stallings were intent on making it work.   It took over and hour to work and then it didn't work so we changed it.  The next day they made it work.  Good thing I had a  good book with me.  I didn't mind being stranded for a while. The kids did really well considering.  
Thursday night was our turn to provide dinner.    We made it just in time to get settled and start dinner.  Everyone loves Dutch oven pizza.  For some reason it was taking longer than normal.  It was worth the wait!   The best part was that the bottom was not burnt.  That is maybe my problem I always rush it to fast and it burns the bottom:)

1 comment:

Teresa Fackrell said...

I am ready for some dutch oven pizza. I have never had it!