Friday, April 17, 2009

Jake's Homework Buddy

She colored more than the extra nuts.   I think there is a 4 and some 8's in there as well. :)
Jake loves school and he doesn't mind doing his homework.   Yesterday while we were doing his homework Kaci was sitting with us practicing her 4's and 8's.  Jake finished his worksheets and so we went to the living room to read his books.   I didn't pay much attention but I did tell him to put his homework in his back pack.   Pretty soon he is really upset and Kaci is crying.  I run to the kitchen to see what the problem was.  Trying hard to maintain composer I listened as Jake tells me with tears in his eyes that he is in so much trouble, Mrs. Larsen is going to be mad at him because his homework is not right and it is all his sisters fault.  I looked at it and said, Kaci why did you color on your brother's homework?   That is not nice and he is going to get a bad grade."   She stopped crying and with the most sincere look in her eyes and using her all famous Kaci voice she said, but mom he didn't finish coloring all of the nuts."    The worksheet was a number in the box and a grouping of nuts.  Jake was supposed to color in the amount of nuts that matched the number in the box.   Moral of the story when you finish your homework put it in your folder in your bag.    Your little sister loves you so much she will help you finish your homework!!!!  I did write Mrs.  Larsen a note explaining what happened hopefully she will see the humor in the situation!

2 comments:

suzy said...

Too cute! Ashlyn would do it too!

{Mo} said...

Lisa,
Hey it's Monica. How are you? I've been peeking at your blog here and there from Brandy's. Your family is so cute and they are growing fast!
I'm working on getting addresses together for the 15th reunion this year and I was wondering if you'd mind emailing yours to me at millardclassof94@live.com. I'd really appreciate it. If you have any others let me know or pass on the email address to them! Thanks a bunch, Monica