Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Acting your Age

So in January of 2012 I started going to the local gym.   I would get up at 4:20 and meet who ever was going that morning at the church.   We would do spin or body pump.   I even tried a few boot classes in the evenings.   I was feeling great.   Lots of self confidence and life was good.   Then came summer and its craziness.   June I went 5 times enough to make my membership worth it.   July I had good intentions with two trips.   August was a complete failure the one and only time I went the instructor slept in.   So here we are September 11th.   What a day to start back at the gym.   It helped that there was a little guilt and pressure to go since the class was set up for us Mona girls specifically.   Upon our arrival the parking lot is full for this early.   We go in Wendy Winn is excited to see us.   It has been a long time I think she gave up home.   We start laying out mats and Wendy starts writing our schedule on the mirror.   Sure horror comes over my face as I realize this is not what I am use to but it is to late to sneak out the door.   I am driving and Amy and Molli are for sure not leaving they thrive on the competition of working out.    So I put on my game face act as confident as possible and listen for instructions.    What came next was a welcome relieve a motivational  thought that took a good 3 minutes.   The it started we started running not to long not to bad!  Then we did shuffles and high knees.   I can handle this its going to be ok!    Squats 50 to be exact not so tough.  Push up 25. . .  I CAN'T EVEN DO ONE REAL ONE!!!  Panic I can feel it by number... yep 2!   Ok made it to 25 with my arms shaking but the real killer was the front roller overs.   In little people terms that translates to a summersault.    Ok people here is Life Lesson by Lisa Woodland.   DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT DO SOMETHING AS AN ADULT THAT YOU COULDN'T EVEN DO AS A CHILD!    As I feel the muscles in my upper back and neck tear and shred I know I am in trouble.   40 squats now 20 pushup wheelbarrows.  If you are asking yourself is there a little people term for that?   Don't worry there isn't you have a partner you want to be the one standing holding the other persons legs, not the one walking with your arms.   Then,  yep you read it right we are only half way done people.   30 squats and 15 pushups more front roll overs not good.  20 squats and 10 situps finishing with wheel barrels.   Then we got to write our goal for the next six weeks!   I am still in to much shock to think rationally so I write my name on the mirror with a goal to gain more core strength.  ugh! What have I done to my self.   I drove lucky me and all the way home we discussed what a good change that was how sore we were going to be and on and on.   We dropped Amy off and headed for Molli's.  Molli said, "hey just take me to your house I will run home.   I can see your in pain."   Not wanting to argue the point that  I was really starting to feel it I said are you sure?   Hoping and knowing she would say yes.   So at the corner of my street I get this nauseous feeling and think oh no I am in trouble.   I need fresh air.  So I roll down the window and think I will be fine.   We pull in Molli gets out I head to the door quickly put my key in. . . and turned my head seconds to late!  Yes I have finally thrown up after exercising.    To embarrassed to see  if Molli is still around I lay down on the cold cement.   Then I get up turn on the hose and spray off the door and porch.   
I go to my bed lay down for an hour and try to convince myself everything is good.   I even get up and post a nice note on facebook for anyone and everyone to join me Thursday morning.   So am I going back?   Why, yes because I have to overcome my weakness and  become strong.   Plus even though I am in some pain I really emotionally feel so much better.   So if I can get my body to catch up to my emotions life will be good.   I will just not be doing any more summersaults! lol

No comments: