Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Today while this dishes sit!

I hope summer is filled with these kind of  days.   We are having a play date with some good friends.   This adorable boy pictured above more often than not lately has a melt down.   So today I decided to try a different approach I didn't tell him to get over it.   I didn't tell him I loved Zeak and Kaci more than him.   (Unfortunately that is my standard response.)   Today I snuggled with him on the couch.   Had him read me a few pages in the  book he got at the library this morning.    There was a lot of protest on his behalf telling me how he didn't even want the book that his good friend Keanna made him get it.  He didn't want to read with me he just wanted to go back to school.  I tickled him until he couldn't pout anymore and then we read.  I am amazed at how his reading as improved.   He can read words that I struggled with forever.  He read his five pages then I let him go with  a smile on his face.   He then researched KSL for a Billy goat.   He wants a specific kind in the right price range.   He wants to start breeding them and raising them for JR rodeo.   He knows how old they have to be and which breeds are the best.  His brother finally came in and asked him to go back out and rope and ranch with him and Buster and life is good.   So Keanna thanks for making him get a book that we could lay on the couch and read together.    I want to be a different mom and spend more quality time with my children helping them through their challenges and struggle in a positive righteous way.   Although I know there will be many more days of failure today was a success!

No comments: