Sunday, June 10, 2012

The big 60





'
My dad turned the big "60" on June 4th.    For his birthday we all spent the weekend at my mom and dads.   Dusty came up with the idea to get him a gun and have his signature and birthday engraved on it.   I think my dad was pretty surprised.   We took him shooting and everyone had a blast.  Dusty brought probably 20 cans of shaving cream and thats what we used for targets.  That was so much fun you hit the can and it explodes.    After shooting we went back and had cake and ice cream.   Brenda made the perfect cake for my dad it was awesome.  She had a Mountain with wildlife including fish in the stream and a garden planted at the edge.   What a fun way to celebrate 60 years of life.   My dad has 6 children and 10 grandchildren with one on the way.   My dad has a love for his family and has always held my mom on a pedestal.    He loved her and respected her to the highest.   He loved us kids and we knew it.  He took time to teach us and help us in everything.   My funnest memories are hunting with my dad.   I am not an early riser but I loved to get up early before school and go hunting with my dad.   He would teach me how to look for tracks and signs how to find my way back and how to walk quiet.   He was always making me step carefully.    My dad was good at math and always helped me with my homework.   I learned my love of cooking from my dad who learned it from his mom.   We learned how to live the gospel from my parents.   My dad is a great man with a huge heart and testimony of the gospel.    Thanks for being the worlds best husband, father, and grandpa.   We Love You!

No comments: