Friday, January 27, 2012

Sparkles



Our boy dog named Sparkles.   He has been with us for 3 years and Wednesday I thought it was over.   He usually rides with the kids to school and then hangs with me in the mornings while Kaci is at school.   Today was no different except that I didn't take the kids to school, Andy picked them up.   I wondered a couple of times where he was but got busy and didn't think about it.   When I went to pick Kaci up from school still no Sparkles.  Kaci had a friend come to play and they played outside most of the time and still no Sparkles.   I asked her when the last time she saw him was and the tears started to come.   Jake came home and we looked over the neighborhood.    We called to see if by chance Sparkles had climbed in the Williams' car and got left there.   We looked in all of our vehicles still no Sparkles.   Jake was very concerned and Kaci was in hysterics by this point so I called Dan for backup.   He said,  I can't talk I am right in the middle of something.  His usually response sometimes I wonder why I even bother.   Then he told me to call the Sheriffs office.   When I tried to explain how ridiculous that idea was he said just trust me.   So with great hesitation and sheer desperation to find my daughters 4 legged friend and comforter I called.   "Hello, this is Lisa Woodland you are going to think I am crazy and I am but, Dan said I should call and tell you my daughters little puppy is missing."   The voice on the other end didn't even laugh he just said what kind of dog is it.    I said, "a a shitzu poodle cross."  He asked what color he was.  "a greyish brown longer hair."  "Yes Mam we have your dog what is your address we will send an officer out with him."   "How did you get my dog and how did Dan know and why are you bringing him to me, I don't even have to pay the pound fee or anything?"   So for the next 20 minutes while we waited I had a million questions.   Come to find out the boys home down the street claim they found him up by the freeway.  I don't bye their story.   So Craig Ryan went and picked him up he went to several homes trying to find out where he belonged then he took him home to get a drink and some food and let him play with his dogs.    Then he just rode around with him all day in his truck sitting on his lap and in the office waiting for us to call and find him.    Craig had took him to the vet (Mont's)  they looked to see if there was an electronic tag. (didn't even know they had them) The dog catcher was unfamiliar with him.  Craig decided since he was so well mannered and behaved someone was sure to miss him and look for him so Barbara and him were just going to take photos and put a sign up at the post office and keep him with their dogs until they found where he belonged.  So how did Dan know about this.   Craig went in to Do it Best Hardware when Dan and Brad were in there getting materials and Brad said,  "Hey that dog in that Sheriffs truck looks just like Sparkles."  Dan said, "Ya it does."  and they left.   Craig said he had thought about asking Dan especially when they were looking at him funny but didn't.  So Sparkles had a day on Duty with the Local Sheriffs Officer which he loved.   But, when you saw him and Kaci's reunion it was so awesome.  They really love each other and that is why I am so glad we still have our boy dog named Sparkles. 

No comments: